Pages

Friday, February 24, 2012

DIY -Chevron Make over for builder grade Bi Fold Doors

From Bore to Amore!
So, I am not patient, I'm not. When I thought about doing this project I put it off for a while. Low and behold, it wasn't as laborious as I feared, even for a someone that taps her foot while waiting for my latest Pin to pin.
I have (had, patience is a virtue) lack luster BiFold laundry doors right off the entrance into my cozy abode. I decided a Chevron paint job might just be the pattern and makeover these ugly duckling doors needed.

Step 1. Paint the under coat with paint color of choice. I went High gloss here and decided to do a matte finish on the stripes for added texture. Let cure for at least a day.


Still ugly, agreed.

Step 2. Now for the somewhat time consuming taping of the Chevron pattern. Luckily, the doors were already equally divided into 4 equal portions. I also wanted a tape line through the center of each Chevron point which honestly, makes it a little easier to be less precise.
Begin to tape. I used a wide 3M tape .

Step 3. Marvel in your new found patience.

Step 4. Paint your top coat and let dry at least 1 day.

Yikes, I'm a tad terrified.

Step 4. Slowly, begin removing the tape. Slowly, speed racer.


Terror turns to pure joy!
Step 5. Totally, enjoy your new doors and find some cute knobs or pulls. I am thinking lucite or White lion head pulls! Love.

Love it!

                                         Have fun with your own Chevron painting project!

1 comment:

  1. I love this project! Thanks for sharing. Did you do this at your house?

    -Jennifer

    P.S. Tyler says hello :)

    ReplyDelete